With sick babies who only want to feed themselves, I wanted to make them something relatively nutritious for their breakfast today.
Sweet Potato Waffles
I thought I would sneak in some sweet potato into some waffles, since the sweet potato works so well in the Sweet Potato Caramel Mudcake making it really moist (http://thermotwinning.blogspot.com.au/2015/08/sweet-potato-mud-cake.html)!
If you don’t have a waffle maker, you could use this batter for pancakes (they are pretty much the same type of batter).
SWEET POTATO WAFFLES (THERMOMIX)
260 grams sweet potato (cut into 1 inch pieces)
40 grams water
30 grams butter
165 grams milk
190 grams plain flour
30 grams brown sugar
15 grams desiccated coconut
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat waffle maker (or frying pan if you don’t have a waffle maker).
2. Add sweet potato to bowl and chop 5 seconds/Speed 7. Scrape down.
3. Add water and cook 3 minutes/Varoma/Speed 1.
Sweet Potato Chopped + Water
4. Add butter and blend 10 seconds/Speed 7. Scrape down.
Cooked Sweet Potato + Butter
5. Add milk, flour, egg, sugar, desiccated coconut, baking powder and cinnamon and mix 10 seconds/Speed 4.
Sweet Potato Waffle Batter
5. Spoon into greased waffle maker (or frying pan) and cook according to the waffle maker instructions (or if in frying pan cook and flip until both sides a browned).
Grease preheated waffle maker and spoon in batter
Sweet Potato Waffles!
Sweet Potato Waffles – serve with or without maple syrup