These were made by accident whilst I was attempting to make strawberry rollups by TRTLMT (http://www.trtlmt.com.au/strawberry-rollups/). I made them a lot thinner, and cooked them a bit longer than needed (got distracted playing with the boys). The recipe used 900 grams strawberries to spread over 2 trays, however I spread 430 grams strawberries on 2 trays. They ended up more like chips than roll ups, plus it ended up easier for the boys to eat as it is so thin, it just melts in your mouth! I will definitely follow the roll up recipe and make them thicker for when the boys are a bit older with more teeth to bite into them!
Adapted from http://www.trtlmt.com.au/strawberry-rollups/
2 x 250 gram punnets of Strawberries (with green tops cut off)
1/2 tablespoon white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 75 degrees.
2. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
3. Place strawberries and sugar into bowl and mix 25 seconds/Speed 9.
Place Strawberries and Sugar in bowl
Blitzed Strawberries and Sugar Mixture
4. Spread a very thin layer of the mixture onto the baking trays, spreading with a cake icing spatula.
Spread a very thin layer of mixture
Repeat for both trays
5. Bake in the oven for about 2 -3 hours or until sides of mixture appear crisp and transparent.
Bake in oven for 2 – 3 hours
After 2 – 3 hours
YUMMY! The boys love it!!