This is great for when you have leftover pasta sauce, or if you want a quick and easy meal and let the Thermomix do all the work!
4 – 8 washed potatoes
1. Add 1000ml of water to the bowl.
2. Place potatoes into the varoma steaming tray.
Place potatoes in varoma steaming tray
3. Cook for 60 minutes/Varoma/Speed 4.
Cook 60 minutes/Varoma/Speed 4
4. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200 degrees.
5. Once the potatoes are cooked (a fork should slide in like butter), place the potatoes on pieces of crumpled aluminium foil on a baking tray (it holds the shape of the potato) and cut a ‘cross’ shape into it, but not through it, to give some room for the fillings.
Cut a ‘cross’ shape
6. Place fillings into the ‘cross’ cut out shape, i.e. in this order I placed, Bolognese sauce, diced bacon bits, pineapple and a heap of pizza cheese on top.
+ Bolognese sauce
+ Bacon pieces
+ pineapple pieces
+ pizza cheese (blend of mozzarella/parmesan/tasty)
7. Place in oven and bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and browning.
8. If you wish (and have them in your house!), top with sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and(or) cracked pepper.
Other topping ideas include:
Baked beans + cheese
Tinned spaghetti + cheese
Tuna + corn + mayonnaise + cheese
Carbonara sauce (creamy bacon and mushroom sauce)
Chorizo pasta sauce + cheese http://thermotwinning.blogspot.com.au/2015/08/creamy-chorizo-pasta-non-thermomix.html
Hawaiian (ham + pineapple + cheese)
Pizza (pepperoni + salami + ham + cheese)