Delicious, nutritious and a quick and easy breakfast for the whole family!
Berry Coconut Flour Pancakes
I’m always trying to find new and healthy foods for Ethan and Harley which are:
- Quick and easy to prepare.
- Packed with nutritiousness.
- Easy for them to hold in their little hands.
- Not too sticky/wet so that the clean up isn’t too messy.
- Can be refrigerated/frozen for reheating another day.
- Can be eaten by the whole family (tasty, and doesn’t taste like ‘baby food’)
I always try the baby food I make for the boys, and a lot of the baby food recipes are really quite bland with the boys promptly dropping them on the floor. I’ve also tried many pancake and pikelet recipes for the boys’ breakfast and they are pretty tasteless and ‘cardboardy’ without a heap load of syrup/icecream/yoghurt etc on top.
I’ve concocted this recipe for the boys (and adults) so that it is jam packed with flavour and goodness to start off the day!
The pancake mixture is made in a total of 19 Thermomix seconds!! However, for those who don’t have a Thermomix, you could make this in a blender!
I’m not really into ‘health food’ type stuff (as you can tell from my super sugary cakes I love making), but I am into ‘tasty food’! And this is sooo tasty!
The coconut flour gives these pancakes a really smooth and creamy texture, the milled almonds and chia seeds add a slight crunch, and the maple syrup, vanilla extract and berries give a really beautiful flavour! For those ‘clean eaters’ which don’t eat processed foods, you can use almond milk or coconut milk in this recipe.
BERRY COCONUT FLOUR PANCAKES
40 grams almonds
10 grams chia seeds
70 grams coconut flour
250 grams milk (any milk…I use A2…but to make this a ‘clean eating’ recipe use almond milk or coconut milk)
50 grams maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
120 grams mixed berries (I used 40 grams fresh blueberries and 80 grams strawberries)
Coconut oil for frying
1. Add almonds and chia seeds – mill 6 seconds/Speed 7.
Added Almonds and Chia Seeds
Almond and Chia Seeds after being milled
2. Add coconut flour, milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, baking powder and salt – mix 10 seconds/Speed 5.
3. Add berries – mix 3 seconds/Speed 5.
Add berries to pancake mixture
Pancake mixture with blitzed berries
4. Heat a frying pan/pikelet pan on medium heat and add coconut oil.
Heat Coconut Oil in pan, medium heat
5. Spoon mixture into pan and cook for a few minutes on each side until browned.
Spoon in pancake mixture
Cook a few minutes on each side until browned
6. Serve plain for babies. For adults, serve with ricotta, maple syrup and shredded coconut.
Ethan and Harley LOVING their pancakes…
for once, more went into their mouths than onto the floor!
Berry Coconut Flour Pancakes served with ricotta, maple syrup and shredded coconut