My husband loves this and thinks it tastes like a rocky road mousse ice cream!! It’s chocolaty, creamy and has this light aerated-ness about it that makes it a bit mousse-like!
With the rocky road that I made a few days ago, I was inspired to make rocky road ice cream!
Rocky Road Icecream
ROCKY ROAD ICECREAM
60 grams marshmallows cut in 1cm (homemade or store bought)
25 grams snakes cut in 1cm
150 grams dark chocolate chips
600 grams thickened cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
300 grams sweetened condensed milk
20 grams cocoa powder
20 grams crushed peanuts
15 grams desiccated coconut
1. Place a freezable container on top of the Thermomix, MC off. Weigh in marshmallows and snakes. Set aside.
2. Place dark chocolate chips in bowl. Blitz 7 seconds/Speed 7. Set aside.
Blitz chocolate chips 7 seconds/Speed 7
3. Put in butterfly. Add thickened cream and vanilla essence to bowl. Have condensed milk ready in hand and mix 20 seconds/Speed 2 whilst pouring condensed milk through the lid hole.
Add cream and vanilla, pour condensed milk in through hole
4. Add cocoa powder, crushed peanuts, desiccated coconut and blitzed chocolate chips (that was set aside) – mix 1 minute/Speed 3.5.
Add cocoa, peanuts, coconut and chocolate
YUM! (don’t mind my finger print, I couldn’t resist trying it!)
5. Pour into freezable container, and stir through the marshmallows and snakes.
Pour mixture in…
…and stir through!
6. Smooth down the top of the mixture, cover, and place in freezer to set overnight.
Place in freezer to set overnight
Note: take out of the freezer for at least 15 minutes before serving to soften it up! (the supermarket stuff is full of preservatives which make it easier to scoop out)