My husband and I eat these eggs for breakfast most of the week! Most days it is quick and easy with toast with butter and vegemite, but on the days where I have more time, I also use these eggs for eggs benedict with smoked salmon or bacon.
Perfect Eggs on Toast
I sometimes make the eggs look a bit fancier by putting the eggs in a silicon mould, or tied up in glad wrap with some herbs etc, but most of the time it’s just easier to keep it simple with minimum effort!!
I’ve cooked this for years on the stovetop, and the timing of the cooking was one of the first things I had to figure out when I got the Thermomix to get my perfect eggs!! Gooey in the middle, but firm enough to easily peel off the shell!!
Both methods don’t take too long, and you can prepare the toast whilst the eggs are being cooked. It is quick enough to make for a weekday breakfast before work!!
I use room temperature eggs, however you could use eggs straight from the fridge, it is slightly gooeir and may be a little more fiddly to peel.
1. Fill the bowl with water just covering the blades.
2. Place 2 – 6 room temperature eggs in the steaming basket and place lid and MC on.
3. Cook for 11 minutes/Varoma/Speed 1.
4. Once cooked, take the steaming basket out with the eggs and rinse under cold water (to stop them from cooking further).
5. Gently crack the egg shell and peel off carefully.
1. Fill a small to medium sized pot halfway with water (enough to cover the amount of eggs you want to cook).
2. Put the lid on, and switch the stove to high heat. Bring the water to the boil.
3. Once the water is at boiling point, take the lid off and carefully place desired number of room temperature eggs into pot (I use a slotted spoon to put them in to avoid any slight cracking). Boil for exactly 5 minutes (set your timer!) with the pot lid off. Once the 5 minutes is done, switch off the stove and take the eggs out immediately with a slotted spoon, and rinse in the sink with cold water (to stop them from cooking further).
4. Gently crack the egg shell and peel off carefully.