Now that I have made home made marshmallows, I just haaaad to use them to make rocky road!!
My husband is very fussy with his rocky road, particularly the combo of fillings in ratio to the chocolate. After many rocky road attempts, this is his favourite!
ROCKY ROAD (made with a microwave!)
350 grams dark chocolate
180 grams marshmallows (homemade or store bought)
200 grams snakes (cut up into 1cm pieces)
40 grams crushed peanuts
30 grams desiccated coconut
1/2 tbsp popping candy (optional)
1. In a large microwave safe bowl, weigh out the chocolate using the Thermomix scales, or a normal set of cooking scales.
2. Microwave 1 minute on high, take out and stir.
3. Microwave a further 1 minute on high, take out and stir.
4. Microwave 30 seconds on high, take out and stir. Mine was ready after this, however all microwaves are different, so repeat microwaving 30 seconds on high, take out and stir, until all chocolate is melted.
5. Place bowl with melted chocolate back on scales and tare (recalibrate). Add marshmallows, snakes, peanuts, coconut and popping candy. Tare (recalibrate) the scales between weighing.
6. Mix the rocky road mixture with a spatula and place in a square silicon baking pan, lightly spreading out the mixture.
7. Place in fridge to set.
8. Once set, cut up into small squares (I cut it up into 8 x 8 so they are bite sized pieces).
Place in an airtight container and keep in the fridge.